I'm here. In just this 24 hour period of being in Spain I've already had quite a few noteworthy things happen, and since blogs are all about lists, here is my first SpainList.
1. We had a 7 1/2 hour layover in Madrid (the flight there was only, 7) so we took the subway into town, where Molly bought a pair of shoes. I fell asleep on the Subway.
2. I watched "Grosse Pointe Blank" (sic?) on my iPod while everyone else watched the airline movies and heard terrible sounds that made their eardrums burst--something was wrong, don't fly US Airways International.
3. I ate shawarma, the spanish equivalent to kebab.
4. I stepped in dog poop.
5. I realized how much I wished I already knew Spanish.
6. I got a cell phone (bling bling).
7. I started orientation and met almost everybody I will be working with here.
8. I decided to post on my blog.
9. I decided to go to bed.
Good night...or day...or whatever.